I’ve been going off my rocker getting all my preparations done for this trip, which explains why I haven’t been able to update this page in the past few weeks (that, and my final examinations ever in college, of course). Here’s a brief overview of what has gone down since:
1) Inter-regional flights in Philippines turned out to be too costly for us poor folk (that would be me, actually). Plan changed to a 3 weeks tourney through the Land of Smiles.
2) Touchdown in Bangkok > Sleeper train down to Krabi, Ao Nang (transit through Surat Thani) > Final stop: Ko Samui / Ko Tao
3) Here’s my packing list. I don’t believe I have ever traveled this light before!
– 3 sets of clothes (3 tees, 3 shorts)
– 7 underwear (why skimp on the essentials, right?)
– A pair of running shoes
– A pair of sandals
– Toiletries: Toothbrush, toothpaste, contact lens solution
– 100ml tube of sunblock
– 100ml tube of mosquito repellent
– 100ml tube of Febreeze
– A few packets of dry and wet tissue
– Electric shaver
– Medication box: Charcoal pills, Panadol, Po Chai Yin, Plasters, Clarityn
– Swimming shorts and goggles
– Universal adapter and chargers
– Netbook (Acer Aspire One)
– Camera (Panasonic Lx3)
– Several ziplock bags
– Essentials pouch: Passport and wallet
– I am also adding home-cooked food which I read on a blog that I can carry along.
More on the trip as I go along. Stay tuned!