When I first started my business in 2018, I was a recovering tech startup executive.
I remember spending a lot of my time worrying about things like:
- Getting media coverage
- Being invited to conferences as a speaker
- Raising funds I didn’t need
- Getting onto the Forbes 30u30 list
- Hiring big names or names from big companies
These days, I ponder more about:
- Employee welfare
- Profit sharing
- Finding like-minded partners
- Sharing our knowledge with (potential) clients
- Hiring so our team has more margin in their lives
Don’t be bothered by what your peers are doing. Focus on your lane – what do YOU want to achieve, and how are you going to get there?
I want to build a long-lasting company with happy, engaged employees who deliver meaningful work for our clients.
How about you?